Clergy Size Guide
I would say that the fit on our classic pieces, are NOT skin tight, close fitting garments. They have some room in, so generally I find if you pick the dress size you would normally wear, you're going to be on the right track.
(If this is the first time ordering with us and you're not 100% sure, we advise to order one top and if you have problems we will take the return)
All our classic pieces croptop, bib, sleeveless top, t-shirt and sleeved top are all based off the same pattern, so all very similar sisters.
-The bib is used more by part-time clergy, if find yourself having to change roles on the go. It allows the buttons at the side to come undone and can be slipped over the head without removing any other cloths.
-The croptop however is a better fit than the bib for more full time roles, as the elastic will hold the top in place. This style is used for layering underneath your current clothing and we find this is be our most popular style.
- The sleeveless top is our classic first piece, I prefer this style as I am a cold kind of a person so I am always wearing thermal layers.
- The T-shirt and sleeved tops are sleeved variations of our classic, the sleeve seam is dropped slightly compared to the sleeveless top to aid room at the armpit.
-The tunic is what we call a 'v' shape being bigger at the top and fitted on the hips. It also has a sleeve seem that drops off the shoulder which gives a lot more breathing room in the chest area. (be advised the summer tunic has a wide dropped sleeve finish so lifting your arm could expose your bra at the side, in summer this does provide fantastic ventilation, but we can close the arm up an inch for you if needed)
-The A-line is much fuller and looser at the hips, I find fuller figured customers prefer this style. It also has a longer back than the front for extra bum coverage.
Below is a list of alterations you can make to any of our tops if you leave us a comment when ordering in our 'comment to seller' box at checkout. All of these alterations are free of charge (this will automatically attach a note to your order, please note this will not appear on your email order confirmation but we do get your comments if you leave them)
You can comment at checkout to:
- Add 1/2 an inch to the standard neck size.
- Have rounded buttons instead of heart buttons
- Have a fully closed back neck with no buttons or back opening
- Add an inch to the shoulders length for broad shoulders
- Add up to 3" in top length for taller people or likewise take length of for shorter people.
- Add full length sleeves to the sleeved top, winter tunic or a-line. You can advise a measurement if you prefer or just tell us you would like full length sleeved and we'll use our standard measurement.
If you can't find the size or information your looking for please do get in touch and we'll answer you questions.